Sunday 11 January 2015

A Sense of Purpose

For my first post I will offer up one possible theme to unite this blog, possibly carrying it forward through the semester. In a nutshell, my idea is to create a website that showcased the resources available should one want to learn a new language online. It would search out and organize various types of media that would either help one learn a new language, or to immerse themselves within one.

Given my experience over the past couple years learning Mandarin, I will focus on that particular language instead of flooding the blog with as many non-English sources that I can find. I will attempt to find audio, video, and text sources of all varieties to show the effect the digital world is having on opportunities to develop language skills.

Time and interest willing, I may begin a side project to translate Journey to the West (西遊記 ) and update the blog on a semi-regular basis with my progress on that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment